7-11 Committee’s Report and Presentation to the Board of Trustees on May 2, 2017
7-11 Committee on Surplus District Property
Purpose of 7-11 Committee
The purpose of the Committee is to review and analyze real property that is owned by Twin Rivers USD and to determine what real property could be designated as "excess" or "surplus" because it will not be needed for school purposes. The Committee will then present a report to the Board of Trustees recommending uses for the surplus property or how to dispose of the property (e.g., sale, lease, etc.). It is anticipated that the Committee’s report will be provided to the Board of Trustees at the Board’s May 2, 2017 meeting. Subsequently, it is anticipated that a corresponding agenda item will be presented to the Board of Trustees on May 16, 2017 for consideration.
Qualifications for 7-11 Committee Membership
Serving on the Committee is an important task and we are looking for highly-qualified, capable and committed individuals to be members of the Committee.
Under California law (Education Code sec. 17389), the Committee must have at least seven (7) members and no more than eleven (11) members and contain persons who can be representative of each of the following:
- The ethnic, age group and socioeconomic composition of the district;
- The business community, such as store owners, managers, or supervisors;
- Landowners or renters, with preference to be given to representatives of neighborhood associations;
- Parents of Students;
- Persons with expertise in environmental impact, legal contracts, building codes, and land use planning, including, but not limited to, knowledge of the zoning and other land use restrictions of the cities or cities and counties in which surplus space and real property is located.
California law also designates the specific duties of a 7-11 Committee (Education Code § 17390) as follows:
- Review the projected school enrollment and other data as provided by the district to determine the amount of surplus space and real property;
- Establish a priority list of use of surplus space and real property that will be acceptable to the community;
- Cause to have circulated throughout the attendance area a priority list of surplus space and real property and provide for hearings or community input to the Committee on acceptable uses of space and real property, including the sale or lease of surplus real property for child care development purposes pursuant to Section 17458;
- Make a final determination of limits of tolerance of use of space and real Property;
- Forward to the Board of Trustees a report recommending uses of surplus space and real property.
Properties Being Reviewed by the 7-11 Committee
7-11 Committee Meetings
The 7-11 Committee proceedings and deliberations are open to the public.
All Committee meetings will be held in the Board Room at the District Office (5115 Dudley Blvd., Bay A, McClellan, CA 95652)
For questions or to discuss the purpose or efforts of the 7-11 Committee, please contact Deputy Superintendent Bill McGuire at 916-566-1709 or email@example.com or Nicole Smith, Executive Assistant, at 916-566-1709 or Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org