Supporting Newcomers at Home and in the Classroom
Supporting Newcomers in the Classroom
- Newcomer Kits containing materials for small group and individual use, including a curriculum binder are available by contacting your librarian.
- Newcomer Digital Initiative ThinkPad lap tops are available for students in grades 2-12 who have been here for 12 months or less and have an overall CELDT score of a 1. For more information or to inquire about a lap top for your student, please contact Alberto Becerra (ext. 61350), Jisel Villegas (ext.50833) or Alex Pina (ext.61503).
Parent Resources to Support Their Newcomer Student at Home
Afghans Information & Resources
- Afghans Culture
- Alphabet and Language Learning Resources for Dari
- Alphabet and Language Resources for Pashto
- Arabic Alphabet Information
- History of Arabic Number System
- Pashto Arabic Numeral Notation 1-20
- Slide Share for Students Arabic to English Words to Use in the Classroom
- Useful Phrases in Pashto to English