California Common Core State Standards
Common Core State Standards Parent Resources
- K-8 California's Common Core Standards Parent Handbook (doc; 2MB) This handbook, created by the California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA) in consultation with the California State Parent Teacher Association (PTA), gives parents an introduction to California's CCSS and a summary of what students are expected to learn as they advance from kindergarten through grade eight.
- Spanish Translation of the K-8 California's Common Core Standards Parent Handbook (doc; 3MB)
- Parents' Guide to Student Success: A guide, available in English and Spanish, for the CCSS in grades K-8 and two for grades 9-12 (one for English language arts/literacy and one for mathematics) created by the National PTA. The guide includes key items that children should be learning in each grade and activities parents can do at home to support their child's learning.
- Council of Great City Schools Parent Roadmaps: (New 8-Aug-2012) The Council of Great City Schools has developed parent roadmaps for understanding the ELA and mathematics CCSS in kindergarten through eighth grade. For each grade and subject, the roadmaps explain to parents what children will be learning and how parents can support learning outside of the classroom.
- Shifts for Students and Parents: (New 8-Aug-2012) EngageNY has created a practical guide that provides steps that parents can take to improve their child's learning of the CCSS.
California Common Core Standards Math Resources
- K-8 Publishers' Criteria for the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics
- The Illustrative Mathematics Project provides guidance to curriculum developers by illustrating the range and types of mathematical work that students will experience in a faithful implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
- Tools for the Common Core is a website focusing on tools that are being developed to support the implementation of the CCSS. Here you can find that math progressions.
- Math Reasoning Inventory is an online formative assessment tool aligned with the Common Core State Standards, focusing on number and operations prior to sixth grade.
- Inside Mathematics aligns the resources of its site with the national standards for mathematical practice. The first phase of this alignment to the Common Core Standards uses our video resources to illustrate the Common Core Standards for mathematical practice.
- The Mathematics Common Core Coalition works to provide expertise and advice on issues related to the effective implementation of the Common Core State Standards for mathematics.
- The Leadership in Mathematics Education was initiated at the request of the Council of Chief State School Officers and is developing tools for assessing the potential of curriculum materials to support students' attainment of the Common Core State Standards, including standards for mathematical practices.
- The Noyce Foundation aims to improve teaching and learning in mathematics with the goal of developing conceptual understanding and high levels of mathematical skill in all students, kindergarten through algebra. The Tools for Teachers found here are intended for use with the Mathematics Assessment Resource Service (MARS) for professional development and instructional purposes.
- The Teaching Channel offers short videos that introduce the Common Core Standards for elementary, middle, and high school levels.
Achieve offers a variety of implementation tools and resources.